St Paul’s C of E Academy is committed to the highest standards in protecting and safeguarding the children entrusted in our care. Our school will support all children by:
- Promoting a caring, safe and positive environment within the school.
- Encouraging self-esteem and self-assertiveness.
- Effectively tackling bullying and harassment.
- Promoting all aspects of the Equality Act 2010.
We have an expectation that all staff and visitors to or school will behave in a way which ensures our children are safeguarded at all times. This expectation involves a duty for any safeguarding concerns to be reported.
Everyone working with our children, their parents and carers should be aware:
- Their role is to listen and note carefully any observations which could indicate abuse.
- They should not attempt to investigate once the initial concern is raised.
- They should involve the Designated Safeguarding Lead immediately.
- If the DSL is not available the Deputy DSL should be contacted.
- Disclosures of abuse or harm from children may be made at any time.
If there are any concerns about a member of staff, this must be shared with the Principal and not the DSL.
Also see our Safeguarding Newsletters.
People to Contact
If you are concerned about the welfare of any child or vulnerable adult then please discuss this with the Designated Safeguarding Lead (DSL).
Lead DSL: Anna McGuire
0121 557 2573
Deputy DSL: Nicola Hartland
0121 557 2573
Deputy DSL: Kate Collinson
Deputy DSL: Sally Collins
Deputy DSL: Laura Bridge
Our Safeguarding Governor is Craig Taylor.
Information from Sandwell Council about what to do if you think a child is at risk can be found on their website at www.sandwell.gov.uk
If you think a child is in immediate danger then you should contact the police on 999 or Sandwell Council Children’s Social Care Team on 0121 569 3100.
If children are unhappy they can speak to:
- Childline on 0800 1111
- NSPCC Helpline on 0808 800 5000